Orthopedic Foot & Ankle Specialities
Dr. Herscovici’s clinical focus includes all deformities (hereditary and acquired) of the foot and ankle; trauma (fractures and dislocations) to the foot or ankle; arthritis (degenerative, rheumatoid, post-traumatic); and disorders of the ligaments and tendons. The management of the impact of diabetes on the foot and ankle is a special interest.
While conservative management is successful treatment for certain diagnosis, some surgeries Dr. Herscovici performs are:
- Open reduction internal fixations
- Tarsal Tunnel Release
- Total ankle arthroplasty
- Achilles repair minimally invasive
- Bunion and lesser toe correction
- Cartiva implant
- Tendon reconstruction
- Diabetic/charcot foot and ankle surgery
- Assistant Chief Resident, Mount Clemens General Hospital, 1988-89.
- Open Reduction and Plating vs. Intramedullary Nailing for Diaphyseal Forearm Fractures. Selected and Presented as Highlight Paper, Specialty Day, American Academy Orthopedic Surgeons Meeting. Orlando, Florida. March 2000.
- The Management of Patients Presenting with Open Fractures. A Survey. Selected as a Highlight Paper, American Academy Orthopedic Surgeons Meeting, Dallas, Texas February, 2002.
- Robert A. Winquist Cup, 2004
- Martin Allgower Fellowship, Dresden, Germany July1 – August 15, 2005
- Best Doctors in America 2005 – 2017
- Orthopedic Distinguished Visiting Surgeon Program, Landstuhl, Germany, June 12-25, 2011
- Howard Rosen Table Instructor Award, Jan, 2012
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons 2018 Achievement Award
Temple Terrace, FL